Are you an experienced Micro-Economist and do you consider it a challenge to give direction to our micro-economic research and the renewal of our research models to contribute to a more sustainable food production and agricultural sector? If you are, than we have an interesting position at Wageningen Economic Research.
We are looking for a Micro-Economist & Model Developer with a solid quantitative and scientific profile and a clear vision on the current and future challenges for agro & food production, both economically and from a sustainability point of view. This position is available in the expertise group Performance & Impact Agro Sectors, which is one of the seven research groups within Wageningen Economic Research. We are a group of about 35 professionals who are committed to contributing to a more sustainable world by doing applied socio-economic research for companies in the agricultural sector, governments and NGOs. We are specialised in performance monitoring (people-planet-profit) and policy analysis and evaluations for the agro sector. Therefore, we use our micro-economic research models, such as financial-economic simulation models, business-economic optimisation models and emission models. With our research projects, we provide our national and international clients, both public and private, with clear insights so that they can make sound policy and management decisions. We carry out project-based economic research and we select the best team for each project, based on the required expertise and skills. Due to market developments and expectations, we want to strengthen our expertise group with an experienced Micro-Economist & Model Developer.
As a Micro-Economist & Model Developer:
- You are a sparring partner for our national and international clients and able to translate their problems, needs and questions about economic and sustainability issues in the agricultural sector into clear applied economic research questions and project proposals. You acquire international research assignments, develop new propositions and write research proposals for public and private clients.
- You design new micro-economic models - in line with client requirements - on economic and sustainability issues in the agricultural sector. You are able to further develop our existing set of micro-economic models and update our research tools. For this, you have a profound knowledge of economic theories, scientific research methods and concepts in combination with actual practical knowledge of business management of agricultural firms and sustainability initiatives in agricultural sectors.
- You report and present the project results in a professional and transparent manner. The publications vary from confidential reports to high-impact journals. You are able to translate independent research output into science-based advice for our customers to make sound policy and management decisions.
- You coordinate, give direction and leadership to research projects, such as policy research and foresight studies, in an inspiring and motivating manner. Depending on the size of the projects, you also provide a substantial research contribution.
- You advise other research project teams on the methodological design of research and the correct use of economic models. You also perform internal scientific and quality reviews on both concept proposals and research reports and papers.