Aim of the job
As a facilities co-ordinator, you will:
• ensure an optimal working environment for all of RSM’s staff members by providing full maintenance services and promoting safety conditions
• communicate with supply vendors and update stakeholders on changes and needs
• conduct an overview of the specific needs of the space, such as new furniture, office renovations and office supplies
• co-ordinate and plan necessary changes by requesting approval from manager, placing orders, receiving supplies and distributing them to the relevant parties
• maintain facilities-related supplies and equipment, and reordering them according to EUR procurement regulations
• report to the facilities and services manager.
1. Ordering supplies such as furniture and stationary, and providing numbers on usage
2. Managing outsourced work with University Support Centre (USC) and other suppliers
3. Supervise student assistants
4. Prepare and co-ordinate internal office moves
5. Maintain and co-ordinate distribution of graduation statuette stock
6. Primary contact person with USC on operational facilities-related issues and attend regular meetings
7. Promoting safety conditions such as proper posture while working and specialised equipment during pregnancy
8. Connecting computers, electric desks and other office equipment for clients
9. Cover for facilities colleague during absences
10. Other handyman duties within the school
• Good written and spoken English and Dutch for internal and external communications (minimum B1, based on the Common European Framework of Reference for Language) www.eur.nl/english/ltc/cefr_levels
• Previous experience in a similar role.
• Experience in an educational institute is a plus.
• Proactive approach
• Collaboration skills and a people person
• Good communication proficiency
• Problem-solving attitude
• Excellent multitasking skills
The salary offered for this position is salary scale 6 (€1,904 – €2,647) based on full-time employment depending on experience and knowledge of candidate. The contract offered will be based on either for 0.8 or 1 FTE. This will be a temporary contract with the possibility of an extension upon a good review after a year.
Start date: ASAP
RSM also offers excellent secondary benefits. See more employment conditions at www.eur.nl/en/working-erasmus-university.
If you are interested in this position, please send a letter of application and CV in English to Aisha de Valk via email@example.com.
The closing date for applications is 24 November 2018
Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University (RSM) is one of Europe’s top 10 business schools. RSM provides ground-breaking research and education furthering excellence in all aspects of management and is based in the international port city of Rotterdam – a vital nexus of business, logistics and trade. RSM’s primary focus is on developing business leaders with international careers who can become a force for positive change by carrying their innovative mindset into a sustainable future. Our first-class range of bachelor, master, MBA, PhD and executive programmes encourage them to become critical, creative, caring and collaborative thinkers and doers. Study information and activities for future students, executives and alumni are also organised from the RSM office in Chengdu, China. www.rsm.nl
RSM is an equal opportunity employer and explicitly encourages applications from candidates of all genders, ethnicities, and nationalities.
Erasmus University Rotterdam (EUR)
Burgemeester Oudlaan 50, 3062 PA, Rotterdam
Make sure to apply no later than 24 Nov 2018.