Campus Fryslân is looking for a driven Assistant Professor with a passion for sustainable/circular entrepreneurship, who will form part of the team responsible for research and teaching in the area of sustainable entrepreneurship in a circular economy. To this end, regional colla
You cannot apply for this job anymore.
Browse the current job offer or choose an item in the top navigation above.
Campus Fryslân is looking for a driven Assistant Professor with a passion for sustainable/circular entrepreneurship, who will form part of the team responsible for research and teaching in the area of sustainable entrepreneurship in a circular economy. To this end, regional collaboration is high on the agenda. Together with your team and colleagues, you will carry out various duties with passion, including:
• coordinating and teaching various course units for the master’s degree programme in Sustainable Entrepreneurship and the new pre-master’s programme
• teaching as part of the bachelor’s degree programme in Global Responsibility & Leadership
• supervising (new) students, postdoc researchers and PhD students
• contributing to teaching as part of the extension school
• initiating and maintaining innovative and intensive partnerships with regional partners.
The job position falls under the Sustainable Entrepreneurship in a Circular Economy chair group. At the moment, five Assistant Professors and eight PhD students are taking care of the Faculty’s teaching and research and the regional applications of our insights. They are very committed, sustainable and entrepreneurial lecturers and researchers, each with their own profile (for example, in social entrepreneurship or sustainable business models). They approach their work on meaningful and high-quality teaching and research with enthusiasm and enjoyment. Together, we are the socially conscious and committed builders of the new chair group, of Campus Fryslân and of a better world.
University of Groningen
• a completed or almost completed PhD in Business/Economics or a related degree programme
• demonstrable experience with empirical research
• strong relational skills for making connections between the Faculty and the professional field of Friesland/the Northern Netherlands and the willingness to build intensive regional collaborations
• a strong affinity with sustainability/circular economy/corporate social responsibility (CSR)
• demonstrable experience and good evaluations as a lecturer or Assistant Professor, including a University Teaching Qualification or the willingness to gain this within two years
• enthusiasm in contributing to innovations in the chair group/Faculty
• experience in the professional field in Friesland or the Northern Netherlands, and knowledge of Friesland is a plus.
Do you have empirical expertise and are you a natural fit for developing the profile of circular entrepreneurship/the circular economy, for example by expanding the current circular economy monitor to include internationally similar research? If so, we look forward to receiving your application.
Conditions of employment
The University of Groningen is offering a salary based on qualifications and experience of between € 3,637 and € 4,978 (salary scale 11 Dutch Universities) gross per month for a full-time position. This appointment is for 0.8 FTE, of which 60% comprises teaching and 40% research. The appointment is for the period of four years. The position is classified in accordance with the University Job Classification (UFO). The UFO profile is Assistant Professor 2.
The expected starting date is 1 August 2019.
You may apply for this position until 28 February 23:59h / before 1 March 2019 Dutch local time by means of the application form (click on "Apply" below on the advertisement on the university website).
Please submit your application in English, including:
• a motivational letter of a maximum of two A4 pages
• a recent CV
• the names and contact details of at least two references.
Interviews with the selection committee will take place at the end of March 2019 and will be held in English. The application procedure may include giving a guest lecture.
Unsolicited marketing is not appreciated.
Working at Campus Fryslân means working for the ambitious eleventh and newest faculty of the University of Groningen. Campus Fryslân is an interdisciplinary faculty that works closely together with regional, national and international partners on worldwide (sustainability) problems and local solutions. The sustainable development goals of the United Nations thus serve as an important guideline.
Campus Fryslân offers challenging bachelor’s and master’s degree programmes and has three departments, a research institute and a graduate school. In the summer of 2019, Campus Fryslân will move to the new faculty building De Beurs: the first all-electric, monumental educational building in The Netherlands.