We offer a salary of € 2,325 gross per month in the first year to a maximum of € 2,972 gross per month in the final year (salary scale Dutch Universities), based on a full-time position (1.0 FTE) excluding a 8% holiday allowance and an 8.3% end of the year bonus.
The position is offered for four years. A successful candidate will first be offered a temporary position of one year with the option of renewal for another three years. Prolongation of the contract is contingent on sufficient progress in the first year to indicate that a successful completion of the PhD thesis within the contract period is to be expected.
A PhD training programme is part of the agreement and the successful candidate will be enrolled in the Graduate School of the Faculty. As part of the programme, the PhD student will take part in the Career Perspectives Series, which provides a thorough preparation on the career after the PhD, inside or outside academia. During the course of the doctorate, the student will develop research and teaching competencies as well as leadership skills. For this, the PhD students will receive a tailor-made programme from the GSCF.
You may apply for this opportunity until 11 April 11.59pm / before 12 April 2019 Dutch local time (CET) by using the application form.
Please submit your application in English, including:
- a recent curriculum vitae
- a motivational letter of a maximum of two A4 pages
- a copy of your diplomas with a list of course grades
- reference letters from two academic referees
- a research proposal of up to 2000 words, covering state of the art, main research question, key objectives, and relevance, the proposed (methodological) approach, a brief description of the relevant literature, and a provisional timetable and a writing sample of no more than 5000 words, e.g. an essay or part of a master’s thesis.
Please submit your documents in PDF format.
Interviews with the selection committee will take place in April/May 2019 and will be held in English. The application procedure may include giving a presentation.
The intended starting date is 1 September 2019. An earlier start is possible by mutual consent.
For general information about PhD positions at Campus Fryslân, please contact Dr. Joop Houtman email@example.com
, Coordinator of the Graduate School of Campus Fryslân.
Unsolicited marketing is not appreciated.