Call for proposals LEaDing fellows post-doc programme
- Third call open (3/3): 1 September 2018
- Third call deadline: 31 October 2018
- Number of available positions third call: 30
The ‘LEaDing Fellows Postdoc Programme’ is a Horizon2020 Marie Sklowdowska Curie COFUND programme and will provide 90 researchers from all over the world who recently obtained a PhD, with the opportunity to gain two years of work experience in the challenging, internationally acclaimed and multidisciplinary environment offered by Leiden University, Leiden University Medical Center, Erasmus University Rotterdam, Erasmus Medical Center and Delft University of Technology.
The aim is to provide opportunities for international, intersectoral and interdisciplinary research training, as well as transnational and cross-sectoral mobility, by offering open recruitment and attractive working conditions. Applicants can propose a project of their own choice, including a research proposal, an individual training plan, a motivation letter, a CV and a commitment letter of his/her proposed supervisor in one of the universities or university medical centers of the programme. For more details see the Guide for Applicants on the LEaDing Fellows website.
Applicants have an opportunity to apply for a fellowship in research fields covered by the five institutions:
Leiden University Leiden University Medical Center
Erasmus University Rotterdam Erasmus Medical Center
Delft University of Technology
For an overview of all research fields consult the LEaDing Fellows website.
- Will have the opportunity to gain two years of work experience in the challenging, internationally acclaimed and multidisciplinary environment offered by the institutions;
- Will be offered a full-time, fixed term employment contract for a period of 24 months at one of the institutions;
- Can benefit from structured career development by:
- undertaking training (in both research and transferable skills);
- having the opportunity to undertake visits or internships at one of the four other LEaDing;
- Fellows partners or linked industry or non-academic partners;
- Will benefit from Dutch employment conditions and remuneration according to the collective labour agreement (CAO) of the Dutch Universities (CAO Nederlandse universiteiten) or the University Medical Centers (CAO Universitair Medische Centra). The annual gross salary will vary between 40.000-55.000 euros, depending on work experience.
Who can apply?
- Applicants of all nationalities are eligible, unless national, international or European legislation or embargos prohibit specific (combinations of (sub) disciplines and) countries of origin;
- Applicants shall not have spent more than 12 months in the Netherlands in the 3 years immediately prior to the recruitment date (1 May 2019);
- Applicants should have obtained their PhD before the recruitment date (1 May 2019) and less than 60 months prior. This application window can be extended for pregnancy (6 months per child), parental leave (max. 6 months per child), training for medical specialists (3 years) or compulsory and reserve military service (actual time). Evidencing documentation must be added to the application.
Application, evaluation and selection
All information about the requirements for application and the evaluation criteria can be found in the Guide for Applicants at the LEaDing Fellows website.
Timetable third call (2018-2019)
- Third call open: 1 September 2018
- Deadline third call: 31 October 2018
- Recruitment date (reference date eligibility): 1 May 2019
- Eligibility check: November 2018
- Evaluation process: November 2018 – May 2019
- Appointment fellows: between 1 June 2019 and 30 November 2021