Your main objective is to ensure high level, state-of-the-art service provision in the operations domain, to best support RSM's strategy and the members in its community.
Reporting to the Dean of RSM and being part of the Executive Board of RSM creates a great opportunity to influence and drive the results for the School in the coming years.Your main tasks
The role has three main focus areas:Leadership
As a member of the RSM Executive Board, you will carry joint responsibility for the strategic course of the School. This includes:
Professionalizing and improving support
- contributing to the overall vision, strategy and policy development within the School
- being responsible for development, implementation and evaluation of policies of all processes within the Operations portfolio, including finance, HR, legal, information management, facilities, housing, and project support
- responsibility for the Operations budget and for setting and driving the department's objectives and deliverables
- being a role model for the core values and behaviour for professional services staff: responsibility, client / service orientation, constructive, co-operation, team play.
In this role, you will:
Erasmus University (EUR) liaison
- be responsible, with the functional leaders who report into the role, for the continuous improvement of the service levels and the development of the professional services teams within RSM
- have HR responsibility for all professional services within the School, including driving a high-performance culture through organisational development, ensuring that optimal organisational structures, processes and systems are in place, and facilitating talent management and competency development, with a focus on building a service-driven mindset and accompanying behaviours of the professional services staff
- work closely with the Operations Director at RSM BV, to achieve maximum alignment of service provision in the respective support areas.
You will also act as the primary liaison with central office of Erasmus University Rotterdam in the area of operations and business management processes. This means:
- balancing the dual objectives of:
- being co-responsible for the integrity of the operations management at the level of the University
- articulating the demands at faculty level towards the central services departments, monitoring the quality, quantity and costs of these services through the product and services catalogue, and participating in a variety of EUR wide projects.
- being a member of the Overleg Facultaire Bedrijfsvoerders (OFB), Overleg Bedrijfsvoering (OB) and a number of project steering committees, taskforces and sounding boards
- maintaining fruitful working relations with the directors of the central services, and being able to balance the School's interests and the University's overarching interests.