Our aspiration is to strengthen our position as a leading business school in Europe while being a force for positive change in the world. To fulfil this aspiration, we need a senior communicator who can develop and implement the strategies and processes to enhance the School's reputation and visibility through reactive and proactive internal and external communications.
The Corporate Communications Manager at RSM is responsible for leading RSM's internal and external communications, media and public relations efforts and ensuring an international reach. They report to and work closely with the Director of Corporate Marketing and Communications. They are responsible for enhancing the School's national and international reputation by initialising and developing key communication goals that align with the School's strategy and mission, and ensure a consistent and continuous flow of communications about RSM's programmes, events, research and impact. The corporate communications manager co-determines the internal and external communications strategy of RSM, oversees the production and pitching of all RSM news items and research findings, and acts as the prime spokesperson for RSM. They provide solicited and unsolicited advice to the dean, the director of CMC and others, are responsible for the daily management and coaching of the communications team within CMC and for the management of RSM's external PR agency, as well as for the monthly media overview and clippings database.
The corporate communications manager will be the Team Lead for the RSM communications team, currently comprising a science communications officer, an internal communications officer, a communications specialist, two editors/copywriters, and a student assistant. The communications team is responsible for safeguarding and further developing RSM's reputation by building awareness and engagement among key stakeholders and the general public. In addition to the communications team, RSM's CMC department comprises a digital projects and services team and a branding and marketing team.Your main tasks
- Manage media and public relations
- Use traditional and social media channels and public relations as a key communication tool for external stakeholders (earned media)
- Respond to inquiries from the press and public about the School
- Support, co-ordinate and work closely with the communications team of Erasmus University Rotterdam when needed
- Develop and manage internal and external networks to publish newsworthy stories
- Organise and provide media training to faculty and senior staff members
- Oversee science communications
- Oversee the promotion of research, education and engagement activities and help faculty and programme directors in promoting their newsworthy research findings to create societal impact
- Oversee the production of press releases, news features, opinion pieces and letters to editors to make academic research, programme innovations and events accessible to target audiences
- Oversee the production of content for RSM Discovery, our research communication platform.
- Oversee internal communication and intranet content
- Oversee the management and organisation of the quarterly internal meetings (RSM Town Hall Meetings)
- Oversee RSM Executive Board communications, the twice-yearly Orientation Days, the RSM Calendar project and many more internal communication initiatives
- Oversee the development of a strategy to build pride in being an EUR and RSM employee
- Further develop the internal communications tools (including the RSM Intranet).
- Team Management
- Operational management of the Communications team within the CMC department. This team currently comprises a science communications officer, an internal communications officer, a communications specialist, two editors/copywriters, and a student assistant. Providing daily guidance and setting priorities, and together with the CMC director developing a vision and strategy for internal and external communication
- Provide advice and support to and represent and/or deputise for the CMC director if and when necessary
- Provide advice and support to the Dean and other members of the RSM Executive Board if and when necessary.
- Be responsible for crisis communications
- Manage the communication of business school rankings and provide advice to the RSM rankings manager
- Be involved with communications for internal and external events
- Engage in international communities and networks such as EFMD, AACSB, PRME and others.
- An overall positive reputation for the School, its faculty, educational programmes, and research
- A continuous flow of reputation-enhancing media articles about the School, its research and programmes, primarily highlighting the RSM mission to be a force for positive change in the world
- Timely response to media inquiries to ensure coverage
- A continuous flow of internal information, with the objective of informing, aligning, and building pride amongst employees
- A strong personal network inside and outside RSM and EUR, enabling the stated objectives.