Exceptional opportunity for candidates who want to apply their experience in machine learning for energy materials design!
You cannot apply for this job anymore (deadline was 31 May 2023).
Browse the current job offers or choose an item in the top navigation above.
At the Autonomous Energy Materials Discovery [AMD] Research Group of DIFFER, we develop and use automated virtual materials discovery frameworks - powered by high-throughput physics-based classical and quantum calculations, artificial intelligence methods, and advanced data-infrastructures - to accelerate the discovery of molecules/materials for energy applications.
This role is an exceptional opportunity for candidates who want apply their experience in machine learning for energy materials design.
- Contribute to cutting-edge technological developments of reinforcement learning for energy material discovery.
- Develop and test out new ideas together with collaborators within DIFFER.
- Write research code in Python to test new approaches.
- Prepare research publications and presentations.
- PhD in any field of computational science or engineering.
- Experience in research involving machine learning, as evident by publications.
- Working knowledge of code development in Python.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills in English.
- (Preferred) experience in using reinforcement learning for molecule or material design.
- (Preferred) experience in quantum or classical simulations of molecules or materials.
Conditions of employment
This position is for 1 FTE, will be for a period of 1 year with possibility of extension and is graded in pay scale 10. The position will be based at DIFFER (www.differ.nl
) and the working location will be at TU Eindhoven. When fulfilling a position at DIFFER, you will have an employee status at NWO. You can participate in all the employee benefits NWO offers. We have a number of regulations that support employees in finding a good work-life balance. At DIFFER we believe that a workforce diverse in gender, age and cultural background is key to performing excellent research. We therefore strongly encourage everyone to apply. More information on working at NWO can be found at the NWO website (https://www.nwo-i.nl/en/working-at-nwo-i/jobsatnwoi/
Dutch Institute for Fundamental Energy Research
The Dutch Institute for Fundamental Energy Research (DIFFER) performs leading fundamental research on materials, processes, and systems for a global sustainable energy infrastructure. We work in close partnership with (inter)national academia and industry. Our user facilities are open to industry and university researchers. As an institute of the Dutch Research Council (NWO) DIFFER plays a key role in fundamental research for the energy transition.
We use a multidisciplinary approach applicable on two key areas, solar fuels for the conversion and storage of renewable energy and nuclear fusion - as a clean source of energy.