What are you going to do?
As a lab technician you will oversee the design and operation of experimental equipment. You will be part of an international and diverse team of scientific staff and other technical staff. You are challenged to find creative solutions to advance scientific research at a world leading level.
Tasks & responsibilities:
- Design, build and maintain diverse experimental setups with an emphasis on control and electronics (mechatronics) in the field of solar fuels.
- Oversee usage, operation and maintenance of instruments. Instruct new users and serve as primary contact in case of issues. Organize maintenance and repairs (in case of defective equipment), order consumables and instrument parts and oversee installation thereof.
- Advise in the purchase of new research equipment. Keep updated on novel equipment and processes on the market and advise your supervisor and colleagues about innovations and possible applications into our (future) research.
- Document the experimental setups (e.g. electronic schematics in WSCAD, user instructions and safety).
- Introduce new team members to lab (safety) procedures.
- Participate in meetings on research, infrastructure, organization and safety.
- Contribute in a pro-active way to a positive safety culture